Interco is a global recycling company headquartered on the Illinois-side of St. Louis in Madison. The company has been an industry leader providing metals, computers and electronics recycling services with a focused track record of innovation and integrity in since 1996.
The 400,000+ sqft. Interco Metaltronics recycling facility is comprised of five buildings on more than 40 acres centrally located on the Illinois-side of St. Louis in the shadows of the Gateway Arch. The facility boasts a 145,000 sqft. processing plant dedicated to the processing of computers, electronics, and batteries with the remainder of the indoor facility used for the processing of nonferrous industrial metals.
The company specializes in the placement of smelter-ready materials catering to a broad array of industrial, dealer, and government organizations. Interco ships nonferrous and electronics scrap worldwide utilizing established partnerships with end consumers in the United States, Europe, South America and Asia.
The Interco team — consisting of commercial, logistics, administrative, and operations departments — delivers innovative solutions, competitive pricing, and quality service throughout the supply chain. The company has been an industry leader with a focused track record of innovation and integrity for more than two decades.
The ITAD Computer Technician works as part of the IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) team to separate IT Hardware from material set to be recycled. The ITAD Computer Technician will assist with the recovery, sorting, testing, and repurposing of reusable IT Assets to ensure that materials are handled in the most eco-friendly manner. Additional responsibilities include testing computer hardware, adding components (memory/hard drive/CPU) and making basic repairs quickly. The ITAD Computer Technician will use company software to meet goals and track progress and ensure the accuracy and efficiency of work.
The right candidate will be a detail-oriented person with a passion for and knowledge of computers and electronics. This person enjoys working hands-on with computers, hardware, parts, and peripherals and is eager to learn. It is crucial that the ITAD Computer Technician follow clear instructions, repeat tasks, track progress and history, and be able to communicate with management and co-workers when there is a problem or deviation from what is expected.
The perfect candidate has a strong interest in Information Technology, computer hardware, and inventory management.
- Sort used computer parts and equipment for repurposing and resale
- Test computers, laptops and other IT Hardware, components, and peripherals for function
- Clean reusable IT Hardware before repurposing
- Package and ship reusable equipment and components
- Physically track inventory levels of ITAD assets
- Enter data into computer using proprietary software
- Research product data as needed
- Additional related projects as required
- Candidates should be mechanically inclined with hands-on experience working with computers
- Knowledge of laptops, desktops, office phones, servers, networking switches, and other small business IT equipment is recommended
- Must be naturally driven to produce high quality results with great care
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint)
- Understanding of computer hardware and software
- Desire to learn about IT hardware and inventory management in a real-world setting
- Computer repair experience is preferred
- Associate’s degree or better is preferable
Physical Demands and Abilities
- Regularly required to stand, walk, or stoop
- Occasionally required to kneel, crouch or crawl, sit and climb or balance
- Regularly lift and/or move objects 10-50 lbs.
- Pay rate: $12-15/hour commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Consistent work schedule 40 hours/week
- Opportunities for advancement and promotion
- Overtime available if desired.
Candidate information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.